Monday, October 08, 2007

On the floor at NFDA

Yes, I am really here. I don't know which is more shocking: the fact that I am in Las Vegas or the fact that I am at my SECOND National Funeral Directors' Association Convention and having a grand ole' time.

I am standing outside the exhibit hall this very moment so I have to make this brief - but a few highlights...

A giant convention center full of coffins, hearses, and embalming chemicals doesn't seem one bit weird in Las Vegas. (The convention next door is for car washes. Now that's weird.)

I had a great green burial discussion. Will be letting you know more about the future of that worthy and essential movement.

No, I have not gambled unless you count ordering a salad for lunch in a convention center. It was pretty scary, but it worked out in the end.

Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, the Pirates of the Caribbean, and Cher are all here. I think they all work for casket companies and hearse companies now.

That's it for now. Got some cool photos and products to tell you about shortly. Hope this made your day seem just a wee bit more normal.

No comments: