Friday, May 09, 2008

Omens and Synchronicity

There are supercool aspects to being human and I like to keep tabs on them. When having a bad day, I like to run through my little list of the supercool and remember why I am here. Some examples:

1) Anyone who takes public dance breaks.

2) That orange light that sometimes comes at sunset and in which everyone looks like a super-model.

3) Discovering a secret talent in a friend. (This week it was a bring-down-the-house karaoke rendition of "Viva Las Vegas!")

4) The bonding of small children and canines.

5) Synchronicity

On #5 - I have spent 3 months sadly visiting my buddy Canadian blogger's site as he took some time off to do something shady and despicable (work). Twice a week I go and look at previous posts and hope he comes back.

While he was gone, a curio turned up in my front yard. There's a particularly generous and sweet UU who lives on my block.

Me: Did you leave an angel in my yard?

Her: A Venus of Willendorf, or one of those Easter Island statues maybe. An angel, no way.

Me: Good point. Actually I think it is a sprite or a fairy. There's one at the other end of the street, too.

Her: Hey, that's cool. I wish I had left it.

I took some shells that my son had deposited in the yard and put them at the base of the sprite. I had plans for a full-on holy site. I was about to take a pic of it and post it on the blog... and it disappeared.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Canada a picture of angry Jesus floated into my blogging buddy's yard. And he felt the need to write about it.

This is the week to leave an omen in someone's yard.

No comments: