Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Blog-i-verse

Many thanks to the pestering, ridiculing, persistent friends who made me look into blogging. I have spent the past week wandering aimlessly through the blog-i-verse and have had a blast. I love it all!

Giggly girls in Singapore looking for shoes? I love you. Grumpy students lamenting their classes? You rock. Bloggers of the world with questionable English? I am your sister. Wacky moms, obsessed hobbyists, retirees with agendas, and wannabe novelists, poets, and journalists? Prepare to be boarded.

Blogspot alone has enough deranged and daring individualists to keep me amazed, amused, and inspired for months. I have seen the promised land, and it is filled with people willing to write about: a) their first sexual experiences in the 1940's, b) how to choose building placement on a lot, c) local political candidates in rural Canada, d) world peace, and e) that itchy red rash. By comparison, those of us writing for professional reasons are a dull bunch indeed.

For those of you checking in on a whim, I apologize. I am a dull blogger. But please know that if this blog weren't part of my church duties, I'd regale you on the topics of: my grandmother's corn toe, my favorite Billy Ray Hatley and the Showdogs' songs, what really happened on my ninth grade field trip, and the medicinal properties of Ewan MacGregor's smile.

Then again, maybe there's something to be said for dull.



1 comment:

Mortart said...

Thank you for the kind comment on my blog,Octogenarian. And welcome to the world of blogging.
If the term Luddite can be applied to matters other than technology, I'm more of a Luddite than you. I've never heard of most of your musical references.