Monday, February 26, 2007

Lent again

Ah, the season is upon us again. The holy time of the year when the good people of St. Paul's Episcopal church get to cookin' cheese souffle! Yes, it is Lent again and this year I've decided to pull out the stops.

I have given up something for Lent and tried something on for Lent. How about you?

This is not part of my religious tradition, so it is new for me. In my lifelong quest to experience fully and widely, a little restraint and introspection is a twist. We'll see how I feel about it in a few weeks, but I didn't give up cheese so I should be fine.

See you on Wednesdays at St. Paul's where the lovely May and other volunteers will serve up cheese souffle. May works the take-out line. Give her my regards. I'll be in the dining room.

No comments: