Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back from Outer Space

I've got the best slack blogger excuse I've ever had. Granted, it is still an excuse, but it's better than the dog ate my homework. Here goes.

Dear blog-o-philes,
I realize that I have let you down in recent weeks with my silence. Here are my reasons. I have inserted responses for you in italics to save you a little time so you do not have to post comments.

I can only say:
I had 6 Christmas services to do.
I had five family celebrations. Whatever.
I had a very bad car accident (Bad for the car; the kids and I are stunned and fine.)
I stopped driving for two weeks after that. Waah waah.
My son and I went to Florida for a week to live in tents at church camp. Big deal.
Threw a surprise party for my husband's birthday with 70 guests, 7 of whom came from out of town, 3 of whom stayed in our single bathroom, kitchen-free home. Yawn.
We haven't had a home-cooked meal since mid-December due to kitchen renovations which may be done by Feb. 1. Maybe. The car won't be back yet. Excuses, more excuses.
Still working two jobs. So?
Have been to 5 funerals since you heard from me last. And?
The 2 year old and now the dogs are on again (and mostly)off again with potty training. Eeeewww.
The General Assembly is in session and had to do some stuff with that.

And I lost a limb. What?

I LOST A LIMB. Oh, man. Really? Wow. Gosh I'm so sorry. I...

Oh. Wait. I DID NOT lose a limb. That's what I meant to say. Yeah, I've had some crazy days, but they weren't too bad. And I'm back. And I didn't lose a limb and.... NEITHER... DID... YOU.
You've got a point there, sister.

Here. Have some very odd Willie Nelson. And please forgive me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back!

The Jotter said...

Look forward to catching up on your blogs, too, Never say Never.

Bryan Cain said...

Glad to hear no one was hurt in the accident. Scary stuff.

Anonymous said...

So glad that all of your limbs are still intact. It would seem you need them with all that's going on in your life!

with love,
m