Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ask and sometimes...

Well, that was easy.

Someone asked me to run a "Power of Now" discussion group. I did research. I bought the book. I looked into it. But I couldn't schedule it for months. When I finally could schedule it I didn't have time to give it a lot of publicity in the church. So I announced it on Sunday and our communications director got the word out electronically. Not much publicity.

16 people came. I was going to call 7 people a wildly successful turnout.

My my.

If you hadn't heard - we've got a Power of Now discussion group. 6:15-7:00 PM on Wednesdays for three more weeks. Should it continue in popularity, we will find other ways for people to engage with the ideas in the book.

Now, I'm going home to cook. Hopefully with the same spectacular and encouraging results.

No comments: