Thursday, November 22, 2007

All Praise Stuffing

There is much to appreciate this Thanksgiving. This past Spring two of my four parents were seriously ill and are now recovered. I have not one but two congregations to serve. My daughter has lowered her standards enough to urinate in a few potties instead of her diaper. I live in a beautiful part of the country and am not a victim of mortgage fraud. My son's eccentricities and gifts are appreciated by his kindergarten teacher. My husband and I still have our own teeth...

See? Lots to be thankful for. Then there's the stuffing!

My father-in-law is a computer whiz, a crafts king, a cancer survivor, and the only person who makes stuffing I adore year after year. I had six helpings this year. Yes, six. But we did two dinners so that makes up for it, right?

There's a lot to be upset about in this world of ours. So many errors, so much to repair, so much work to do. But today isn't the day of repentance.

Today is ours to say thanks.

For the times we didn't say the wrong thing.
For the ones who won't leave you.
For the loyal pets.
For the good enough jobs.
For the courage to get up and try again.
For the heart to give and give some more.
For the beauty of the weeds who always find a way.
For the potential in each of us.
For all who forgive.
For those who know the right thing AND manage to do it.
For faithful cooks of good recipes.
For all this and more, today we give thanks.

1 comment:

Lilylou said...

I love your list, AC!