Sunday, January 04, 2009

Day 2 - Study Leave, stress the Leave

When I said I would blog every day of my study leave I probably should have mentioned that I was about to embark upon three days in a cabin in a national park with my family. No internet access, or so I assume because I didn't want to bring my computer. Not even the new blazin' purple iPod nano.

Live and learn. (About the blog promise, not the joyful freedom from technology.)

I am transposing this from nearly illegible longhand two days after. (Note to self- Day 4 study leave: typed stupid notes from that stupid idea to blog every day.)

{At this point in my notes I wrote a sentence that made absolutely no sense. I think I may see a few of those. I'll be cutting this entry short and you should be thanking me}

{Two paragraphs later...}

... I roasted. I baked. I sauteed. I steamed. We gorged. We toasted. We cleared the table. I wondered what happened to my day.

Discernment: A month is too short.

Reading: McSweeney's again. Turns out I am reading the issue from Early Fall 2004.

Also finally picked up again No Matter How Much You Promise to Cook or Pay the Rent You Blew It Cauze Bill Bailey Ain't Never Coming Home Again by Edgardo Vega Yunque

No comments: