Sunday, January 04, 2009

Day 3 - Study Leave Walking

Did I mention that there was a tyke revolution protesting all things slumber oriented last night? There was not nearly enough sleep.

Today held over an hour of hiking, an hour of cross stitch (alternative hand therapy since I flunked out of the hard core stuff thanks to a flare up), 25 minutes of paraffin hand dipping (see previous parenthetical), some reading, and approximately fifteen hours of eating.

Or so it seemed.

As far as my Thoreau-esque enlightenment from my long walk in the woods... didn't happen. I just walked. It was highly successful in other ways. I did not step in mule poop. I did not fall down. Little victories, baby.

Discernment: Cold hurts hands.

Discernment: Food and children are harmless only in tiny doses.

Reading: No Matter How Much You Promise to Cook or Pay the Rent You Blew it Cauze Bill Bailey Ain't Never Coming Home Again and expect to see that abbreviated in further posts because I need a paraffin dip after just typing that monster. The book is also close to 800 pages long and almost 400 of those come after the title is finished.

No comments: