Thursday, May 10, 2007

Luddite's code

So you've noticed the new look of the blog! I had nothing to do with it other than knowing a very nice and talented guy named Daniel who owed me one. That was allowed in the Luddite's code.

Twenty-first Century Luddite's code:

I will not learn how to do new stuff even though it will help me because -
it's too hard, I forgot, I don't have the time, I don't know what a meme is... blah nlah ylah dah.

I will roll my eyes and pretend not to listen when people effuse about their new technology. 3 years later I will want a nano very badly.

I will use the technology I have poorly, thus causing my friends and colleagues to roll their eyes, mutter, or gasp in disbelief at my incompetence.

I will then rope these people into helping me fake that I have embraced the new technology by getting them to program my cell phone, de-bug my computer, re-vamp my blog, build my spreadsheets, trick out my power point.

Finally I will appear technologically up-to-date while I am really still writing everything on index cards and ultimately losing them.


ms. kitty said...

Love the new look, AC! Or should that be ACe?

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your son at the blogger do.

Adam Byrn "Adamus" Tritt said...

A book for you: Minutes of the Lead Pencil Club - A Luddite's Handbook.