Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Well, Ahlll Be!

The nominations for the 4th UU Bloggers awards are out and I was included this year. Very exciting stuff. More importantly, my pals: Lizard Eater's The Journey, Sisyphus, Ms. Kitty, and Never Say Never were included. These folks are much better bloggers than I am and should win every category they are in. (Hint. Hint.)

I was most excited about having two pieces I wrote singled out for nominations. These pieces are: "Rules for church" and the relatively recent "WWBD?" That was incredibly affirming and made my whole afternoon. Considering that I celebrated for months after I won a quarter in a Pepsi cap at age 10, I'll probably ride this high for awhile.

But let's get to the meat of the matter. This is a voting sort of deal. I know you are tired of following primaries, caucuses, and the like. So make your vote count in a different way. Meander your way over to the ballot by clicking here. And then make some UU bloggers' day.

You've seen who I'm putting signs up in the yard for. President Schmesident. Get to voting on UU blogs, y'all.

(In case you were wondering... That headline is an Andy Griffith quote for those of you who don't have tattoos old enough to get their own driver's licenses. I seem to recall it being uttered by Gomer, but I had a crush on the good Sheriff and didn't pay much attention to the rest of the crew. I was so shocked when Sysyphus let me know about the nominations that I slipped into Mayberry speak.)

2 comments:

Lilylou said...

You are such a hoot, AC! I love reading your stuff----what a voice you have! And it's a huge compliment to be called your pal. Thanks a whole bunch. Made my day!

The Jotter said...

Come on, now, Ms. K! No one works as hard as you do not only on your own blog but in supporting everyone else. You are the blog queen.

And that comment about a certain expression of your mama's on Why Architects Drink has me laughing so hard I've disrupted the REM on the spousal unit twice.

Ms. Kitty rocks.