Thursday, August 03, 2006

On Digital Mastery, Kitty Retrieval, and Wonderful Weddings

The projector is in and we WILL be watching clips from The Village on Sunday morning as part of the sermon. I'm kind of torn on this because I was looking forward to playing the Adrien Brody part. However, I do think the film itself will be a better illustration of issues in truth telling. Thanks to our new church treasurer, George, who came over in blazing heat to teach me how to work the gizmo.

Sophia the Cat, beloved companion of our new minister Jeanne, came out from the chimney last night. She waited until the pest control man arrived and he still had to be paid, but YAY for Sophia. My guess is that her freakout was her way of saying, "Richmond?!? I thought you meant Richmond, Maine! Virginia?Are you out of your mind? Have you seen what they've got on the ballot for November?!?"

In other news, we've come to the end of the first half of wedding season. This was a great year for weddings for me. No bridezillas, no clueless grooms, no angry parents, no invasions of uninvited varmints or critters... a good season. So it means alot when I share that one of the high points of an already great season was the wedding of Dottie and Jim.

Here is a photo from the ceremony. That's Jim in the sandals, Dottie in white, and I'm the tall shoeless gal. We did the ceremony right there on that rock in the mighty James River. Jim arrived via canoe, their dog Jake was in attendance, and it was a beautiful day. Thanks to Dottie and Jim for letting me be a part of their special day. It was one of the greatest weddings I've ever attended. I'm grateful to have been a part of it.

No comments: